St. Xavier's College situated at Maitighar, Kathmandu is an educational institution of higher learning established and managed by the Nepal Jesuit Society. The Jesuits began their educational work in Nepal in 1951 with the opening of St. Xavier’s School, Godavari, followed by St. Xavier’s School, Jawalakhel, St. Xavier’s School, Deonia, Moran Memorial School, Maheshpur and St. Xavier's School, Sadakbari.
The courses available in this college are +2 in Science and Management, B.Sc. Physics, B.Sc. Microbiology, Computer Science, Social work, etc.
The College promotes close student-teacher contact and encourages students to develop their full potential for leadership. The intelligent pursuit of excellence and a variety of activities, which students are exposed to in College, are intended to produce moral leaders who will champion the values of truth, justice and peace.
|Name||St. Xavier’s College (SXC)|
|Courses offered||+2 (Science and Management)In Bachelors level:
1. Bachelor of Information Management (BIM)
2. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (B.SC. CSIT)
3. Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
4. Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS)
5. B.Sc. Microbiology
6. B.Sc. Physics
7. Bachelor in Social Work (BSW)
8. Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English Literature, Social Work, Journalism and Psychology
In Masters level:
1. M.Sc. Microbiology
2. Master of Business Studies (MBS)
3. Master of Social Work (MSW)
|Affiliation||Tribhuvan University (TU)|
|Phone No.||4221365, 4144636|
|PO Box No.||7437|
Admission Procedure of St.Xavier's College:
Documents Required for Admission in General:
- A completely filled application form issued by the college.
- Mark sheet/Grade Sheet/ Transcript of the final examination of the former school/college/university (Photocopy+ Original for verification)
- Transfer Certificate/Character Certificate from the former school/college attended (Photocopy + Original for verification)
- Two copies of recent passport size photographs
Admission at St. Xavier’s College is very competitive. Here is the general overview of the admission procedure at St. Xavier's academy:
- Students should pass the entrance test and interview with a minimum of first division marks in +2 science.
- Students should pass the SLC/ SEE or O level or equivalent to apply for A-level program and also pass entrance and interview.
- Students must secure minimum of the second division to apply for the bachelor level from a recognized board by TU and KU. Also, students must pass the entrance test.
- Students should secure minimum of second division from recognized universities by TU to apply for masters.