Xavier Academy, established in 1997 AD, is a pioneer institution located in the heart of Kathmandu, at Lazimpat. It has its own complex and is housed in a well-planned and modern six-storied building, north of Hotel Radisson. Ever since its establishment, Xavier Academy has been providing an excellent academic environment conducive to the overall physical and mental growth of the students. In terms of infrastructure, faculty, facilities, programs offered, and students' performance, Xavier Academy has kept on growing from strength to strength and has been consistently ranked among the top ten +2 institutions in the country.
Xavier Academy was established not only to offer +2 in Science and Management (previously Commerce) programs but also undergraduate and graduate programs. Soon after its establishment and operations from 1st of August 1997, the college explored offering some undergraduate programs. In 1998, the college offered B. Sc. Environment Science and achieved excellent results. However, due to factors beyond the college's control, this program had to be discontinued in 2001. BBS was offered from 2002 but this course was discontinued in 2009.
In December of 2014, Xavier Academy and LA College decided to buy the 2/3rd stake in Kathmandu Don Bosco College (KDBC) so as to offer BBA, MBA and EMBA programs in XA premises under the banner of KDBC. Through this strategic partnership, Xavier Academy fulfilled its long-term objective of offering undergraduate and graduate programs.
This strategic partnership of three reputed colleges is to produce future leaders, business professionals and entrepreneurs with imagination, inspiration, illumination and insight by offering the students a unique educational experience based on the varied, rich interesting and enviable track record of the three colleges.
The following programs are being offered by XA through the KDBC banner
- BBA, commence from December 2017 (Morning Shift, 1 intake of 40 students)
- MBA, which was offered in XA premises from January 2015, will continue to be offered two times every year, 30 students per every intake, in fall and spring, with the next intake – 2017 Fall Semester - to be completed by September 2017 and Spring 2018 intake by March 2018
- EMBA, which commenced in January 2015 in XA premises, will continue to be offered once every year in spring session with the next intake of 30 students to be completed by March 2018.
Xavier Academy also has a stake in Asian Institute of Technology and Management (AITM), formerly WhiteHouse Education Network (WHEN), which conducted several undergraduate programs under Himalayan WhiteHouse International College. WHEN has been rebranded as AITM, which currently enrols students in the following academic programs in its fully-owned premises (16 ropanies of land, 125000 sq ft of built-up space) in Knowledge Village, Khumaltar Heights, Lalitpur, Nepal.
- 10+2 in Science and Management (enrollment target 200 students every year)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (4 years international Swiss undergraduate program), admission of which is taken in August/September with an enrollment target of 120 students per year