The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
Need assistance on applying for this scholarship? Click the button below to get help from our experts to apply for this and other scholarships. We can help you choose the best option for your further studies and curate the best scholarship options based on your qualification, interest and desire.
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)