The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance and who are admitted to the Master of Science in Sustainability Programme at United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS). The scholarships are available for Master of Science in Sustainability. The number of Scholarships is limited. All the citizens of developing countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list can get the scholarship. The details of eligibility criteria, application instructions and deadline are given below.
Need assistance on applying for this scholarship? Click the button below to get help from our experts to apply for this and other scholarships. We can help you choose the best option for your further studies and curate the best scholarship options based on your qualification, interest and desire.
United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. The tuition fees are fully waived for the scholarship recipients.
However, travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
Applicants for the Master of Science in Sustainability are required to have met the following admission requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
• A strong interest in sustainability studies.
• Demonstrated commitment to study and understand global issues.
• A completed bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education in a field related to sustainability. Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before September 2018 may also apply.
• A GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale on the bachelor’s degree earned.
• English language proficiency. The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are 600 in TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT); 100 in TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (IBT); 7.0 in IELTS – Academic format.
The eligibility requirements for the scholarships are as follows:
• Applicants must be persons from developing countries* who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance
• Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship
• Applicants who want to pursue a second master’s degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship
Applications are currently closed.
During the admission selection process, outstanding applicants from developing countries with financial need will be automatically considered as candidates for the award of the JFUNU scholarship. Thus, no separate scholarship application is necessary.
Your official application for admissions must be submitted through the online application form.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.